Help me decide between a Quadra Fire Adventure 3 and a Pacific Energy Summit Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were in the market for a new stove I would be looking at a Woodstock Progress Hybrid. Lots of good reviews for both the stove and the service from the manufacturer.

Long burn times and good heat output.

It's more radiant characteristics and side loading make it pretty tough for an alcove install. Depending on the size of the alcove, of course.

If money is not an issue at all I would spring for the Quad. The idea of loading the stove, pushing a button, and walking away sounds pretty amazing. The firebox size is good and it only requires a 6" flue. Think about how many hours a year you will save not having to mess with the air control. Plus it should be pretty easy for anybody to operate it.

Yeah, that's what's motivating my wife to lobby for the Quad too.

Just sounds way to easy and if so why havent we seen at least 20-30 reciews yet. Like i saod i like what it looks on paper just waiting for the real proof.

Lets say i set kmy thermostat at 75 and its about 20-25 feet away from the stove. When it reaches temps and dials down what happens to emissions? Or does it only turn down a certain amount so that it still burns clean? How dirty does the box get or the flew? These real reviews arw what im looking for.

Lets say i set kmy thermostat at 75 and its about 20-25 feet away from the stove. When it reaches temps and dials down what happens to emissions? Or does it only turn down a certain amount so that it still burns clean? How dirty does the box get or the flew? These real reviews arw what im looking for.
It maintains a clean burn the whole time as long as you are using good wood according to the guys I have talked to that work on them. The box and flue also stay pretty clean. the box cleaner than a cat stove and the flue is on par with most cat stoves but not as clean as other non cats can be.

To be clear this is from other sweeps I have yet to see one in the field.

Reactions: Jags and Rangerbait
It maintains a clean burn the whole time as long as you are using good wood according to the guys I have talked to that work on them. The box and flue also stay pretty clean. the box cleaner than a cat stove and the flue is on par with most cat stoves but not as clean as other non cats can be.

Get them sweeps talking! Why is this like a damn criminal investigation?

Thsnks for the info. If you see them again can you ask them this question or maybe they can ask the owners f the stove.

in order to burn clean the stove needs to stay above a certain temp right? Thats why i have the scenario of 75 degrees, take a day that happens to be warmer then the other and Theirs no call for heat from the stove, what does it do just go out with a firebox that still has wood in it?

Reactions: Rangerbait
Thsnks for the info. If you see them again can you ask them this question or maybe they can ask the owners f the stove.

in order to burn clean the stove needs to stay above a certain temp right? Thats why i have the scenario of 75 degrees, take a day that happens to be warmer then the other and Theirs no call for heat from the stove, what does it do just go out with a firebox that still has wood in it?

Maybe it automatically opens the windows?

I bet there are plenty of happy owners of the QuadraFire but, I also prognosticate that these same people would not be the types to post on wood stove forums. Since the smart stoves pretty much run themselves, may be there's not much reason for them to pick some grizzled soothsayers well seasoned pile of advice on how to heat their house.

Really, it sounds nice, to be able to fill it and forget it. Blaze Kings seem to have that kind of rep around here. The smart stove would be the secondary combustion answer to a catalytic thermostat stove, right?

Are there any mechanical thermostat controlled secondary combustion stoves currently available?

I bet there are plenty of happy owners of the QuadraFire but, I also prognosticate that these same people would not be the types to post on wood stove forums. Since the smart stoves pretty much run themselves, may be there's not much reason for them to pick some grizzled soothsayers well seasoned pile of advice on how to heat their house.

Really, it sounds nice, to be able to fill it and forget it. Blaze Kings seem to have that kind of rep around here. The smart stove would be the secondary combustion answer to a catalytic thermostat stove, right?

Are there any mechanical thermostat controlled secondary combustion stoves currently available?

no not many mechanical ones maybe this is its only kind as far as wood.

my balze king will go out of the cat zone because of a warmer day or i dont let the wood sizzle noigh before i close the air down. Im still learning on my part. But not matter what the stove needs to be a certain temp in order for it to burn clean.

How can the adventure 3 do this of one puts the thermostat even lower lets say 70 degrees? Lets face it 70 degrees is real easy to achieve in a house with a wood stove. What does the firebox do?

How can the adventure 3 do this of one puts the thermostat even lower lets say 70 degrees? Lets face it 70 degrees is real easy to achieve in a house with a wood stove. What does the firebox do?
My understanding is that clean burn takes precedent. It will go over temp to maintain clean burns.

The difference is that the quad controls wont let the stove stall and burn dirty. That is with good wood. It can only do so much wet wood is wet wood It supposedly can deal with it better than many stoves because of the level of control but it cant work miracles. There is info out there on how it works and some reviews so far as well. Over all it seems pretty favorable so far. My only concern is durability of everything. It works great now but what about in 5 years or 10. We will have to see.

Just sounds way to easy and if so why havent we seen at least 20-30 reciews yet. Like i saod i like what it looks on paper just waiting for the real proof.
And to be fair you have gone ballistic on people about attacking blaze kings for much less than what you have stated here. So why is it ok for you?

To be clear I don't have a problem with what you said and I have some of the same questions I just wanted to point out you are doing exactly what you criticize others for.

And to be fair you have gone ballistic on people about attacking blaze kings for much less than what you have stated here. So why is it ok for you?

To be clear I don't have a problem with what you said and I have some of the same questions I just wanted to point out you are doing exactly what you criticize others for.

Exacly they where attacking balze king. Im not attacking anyone or any company at all. i have not created a thread with the title that states something bad about this stove. Im looking for reviews and answers. You domt see me saying the stove sucks but o wait my chimney has only a 2 inch hole like trev did. I said im actually looking into this stove maybe, but without real reviews i won't even consider it.

I dont care if people complain, but dont create a thread title bashing a company name and the whole time its your dam fault why the stove is not working. Moderators should not allow people to put a title name like that.

Back to the show now. The stove been out for a while now and many memebrs have asked what im asking, which are the reviews. I mean even for the BK if it wasnt for this place i would not reall now about the stove. Their arent many youtube videos out either.

I dont care if people complain,
unless it is about bk then you attack them even if they are just asking why their co alarm is going off.

Back to the show now. The stove been out for a while now and many memebrs have asked what im asking, which are the reviews.
From the pro discussion lines honestly it doesn't seem like they are selling big numbers of them yet. The fact that the whole idea is so new seems to have people nervous. I don't blame them I wouldn't buy one yet myself. It sounds great and so far it seems to be working well but it is to soon for me to lay down my money for one. I hope it works out well it seems like the next logical step. Even bks could be improved with a smart controller.

unless it is about bk then you attack them even if they are just asking why their co alarm is going off.

From the pro discussion lines honestly it doesn't seem like they are selling big numbers of them yet. The fact that the whole idea is so new seems to have people nervous. I don't blame them I wouldn't buy one yet myself. It sounds great and so far it seems to be working well but it is to soon for me to lay down my money for one. I hope it works out well it seems like the next logical step. Even bks could be improved with a smart controller.

Id rather see a smart controller of stove temps vs thermomter. My stove would be kick ass if i could dial 350 degress amd let the smart comtroller do the rest. That beeing said i also want to keep my manual control just the way it is also just add the smart control on top of it.

And just to explain myself with the thread about the co, Where is the op? He made a post and disapeared and we could all assume it was his fault not the stove.

The EBT2 on large PE stoves essentially does this.

Power went out 3 times today. Folks a few miles away won't have power until tomorrow. We stayed warm without drama. I like KISS.

Reactions: bholler
He made a post and disapeared and we could all assume it was his fault not the stove.
Or there was a problem with the stove or the chimney or anything we know nothing about it. But attacking those who come here for help with their problems is not good for the site of bk or anyone.

Or there was a problem with the stove or the chimney or anything we know nothing about it. But attacking those who come here for help with their problems is not good for the site of bk or anyone.

more of a counterpunch type of guy. people love to attack and they always leave themselves wide open.

Power went out 3 times today. Folks a few miles away won't have power until tomorrow. We stayed warm without drama. I like KISS.

We're approaching 2 days w/o power. Little inverter running the refer, sat. TV, & 'puter. Cooking on the T5 & a little butane burner. KISS., yes. Water becoming an issue -- may have to dig out the old/larger gen. & try to get it going so as to run the well pump!

more of a counterpunch type of guy. people love to attack and they always leave themselves wide open.
The problem is that that person was not attacking anyone or anything. They just wanted help.

Reactions: Marshy
Exacly they where attacking balze king. Im not attacking anyone or any company at all. i have not created a thread with the title that states something bad about this stove. Im looking for reviews and answers. You domt see me saying the stove sucks but o wait my chimney has only a 2 inch hole like trev did. I said im actually looking into this stove maybe, but without real reviews i won't even consider it.

I dont care if people complain, but dont create a thread title bashing a company name and the whole time its your dam fault why the stove is not working. Moderators should not allow people to put a title name like that.

Back to the show now. The stove been out for a while now and many memebrs have asked what im asking, which are the reviews. I mean even for the BK if it wasnt for this place i would not reall now about the stove. Their arent many youtube videos out either.

Niko, you sir, are a rectal itch of about the worst kind, and were it not for that you brought up my name in particular, I would simply ignore you.
You were actually the photo model for Goatse.com, were you not? or was that guy a rank amateur compared to you?

Two inch hole? Really? How's about you get your facts straight. Lying POS!

I AM disappointed in the performance of my brand new Blaze King King! And I am saying so, whether you like it or not. I am now up to three different installers, all of whom have opined that the stove should be working as well as it can. One will not sell a Cat stove to a customer, as, in four years, he has only had three that were kept, the rest were unsatisfied and returned.

So, you can pretty much guess where your dinner hangs. Jerk.

Sincerely
Trev

@Rangerbait did you get a stove? I'd really like to read some 24/7 burning reports on the Adventure III to see how it performs in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.