Help me find a tractor for firewood stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep small tractors will loose traction usually way before power. Thats why ballast is your friend on a small tractor.

On my 25hp tractor I have the rears filled with WW fluid bit thats only like 9.?? Gallons so only 75lb a tire. And have almost 200lb on the front to hold it down. I wish I could get ahold of some wheel weights to add another few hundred pounds to the rear. The tractor pulled ground engaging implements totally different when I filled the rears. Only that 150# made all the difference. It spins the rears less now when it pulls.

I only have a 2wd tractor though so I loose it easier than all those baby 4wd tractors. I think 4wd is equal to something like an additional 2-4hp??

4WD also keeps your undershorts clean when attempting to back up a moderate grade with a heavy front load.

undershorts?????????
Commando tractor operations...

Reactions: TreePointer
A 24hp machine can move quite a bit of snow, when coupled with a snowblower.

Status
Not open for further replies.