HELP! My PDV25 Englander Pellet Stove has my house pushing 90° on 35° days!

Jmshuhart

Mar 5, 2019
Upstate NY
I would try and take it back but with hd I would not hold out much luck. With winter over I would definitely change out the motor to the correct one over the summer.
I spoke to their customer service. I have a month left to make a return. But they told me to just order a new one &return the old one. I noticed the price has dropped $15 since January, go figure! I think I will wait like u said... and just say its the new one i buy a few months from now that I'm returning.

Thank you everyone for all of your help on this. Its been a HOT coupke of months & I'm loving how comfortable my house is this morning lol

miteclipse

Mar 8, 2013
Hughesville, MD
More than likely, you will still receive the same 120v motor as another replacement. Searching by 4515ui-050 points back to the newer 120v you received. If you want the 115v, looks like you will need to contact merkle. This is what I have gathered from searching on the original model number.

Ssyko

Minister of Fire
Nov 6, 2017
Lorraine NY
Honestly any pdvc/pdv i have worked on i find it best to buy the auger motors as a pair. change both save the good for spare and move on with life. pellet \head had a deal last winter for 2 motors for 65 bucks. as long as both motors are the same i've never had an issue dialing it in.

Reactions: bob bare

bob bare

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2013
park county montana
Bob you are one of the last people on here that I would want to correct but these Pdv / pdvc stoves do not react well to thermostats. Main reason is because of the lava piles or ash piles they leave in the burn pot. They do not like to restart if they burn out. As far as the stove being to big. I tend to agree but I also know from experience that you can dial them down to Luke warm air being released and consumption will last for days. They may be on the cheaper side of stoves but if you can figure out how to run yours they are great trouble free stoves that throw a lot of heat. Rant over sorry
I stand corrected,thanks for your experience.

Reactions: Ssyko

Rneal55555

Nov 29, 2014
Milton, NH
Did you get this solved I experienced much the same this past winter and wonder how it all turned out.