Help! Need installation/owners manual for older Foxe Fire insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rmarx1987

Sep 25, 2021
New York
has anyone ever heard of a Foxe Fire Classic? One recently came into my possession, and I cant find anything on the internet about installation. All I have is a small brochure about it. I’m going to need to paint it as well, any recommendations on best process/products. The brochure has no reference as to origin, model number etc. Any help at all would be amazing.

5C07BB92-6439-4FF7-8E1A-2946D13A08F0.jpeg

I don't have the manual but to paint, Wire brush the roughest areas, then steel wool using progressively finer pads. Clean all dust then wipe down with alcohol. Paint the stove and insert with Stove Brite Satin outdoors or in a very well ventilated area.

has anyone ever heard of a Foxe Fire Classic? One recently came into my possession, and I cant find anything on the internet about installation. All I have is a small brochure about it. I’m going to need to paint it as well, any recommendations on best process/products. The brochure has no reference as to origin, model number etc. Any help at all would be amazing.

View attachment 282349
As far as installation goes you are going to need a full insulated liner run from the stove out the top of the chimney. It should closely match the volume of the outlet on the stove. In most cases old stoves like yours need 8" liners. Many times 7" can work well also.

Thanks for the response. The outlet for exhaust is rectangular. Is there a transition fitting I could get for square to circular? Also, whats the best method for paint application? brush, roller, sprayer?

Thanks for the response. The outlet for exhaust is rectangular. Is there a transition fitting I could get for square to circular? Also, whats the best method for paint application? brush, roller, sprayer?
I prefer a spray can.

There are boots that can be used to adapt to round. Or a custom one can be made from stainless.

Use a rattle can for paint, follow directions. It dries quickly in between coats so do a few light coats instead of one heavy coat. This will take 2 cans of paint if the surround needs painting too.

Great thanks. I appreciate your responses. Is primer needed at all? Also, is there any website you know of that would have an owners manual for this thing? It’s driving me nuts I can’t find anything on it at all.

No primer needed, the paint is self-priming.
I can't help with a manual. Sometimes for these old stoves the manual was a 1 or 2 page handout.

One more question, it does have a blower with it. Is it absolutely necessary to use a blower? Or will it be hot enough for my 1300 sq ft ranch house as is.

One more question, it does have a blower with it. Is it absolutely necessary to use a blower? Or will it be hot enough for my 1300 sq ft ranch house as is.
Possibly. There are too many variables and I know nothing about the stove so we will have to rely on you telling us.