Help! P43 Trouble the Day Before Christmas Eve

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin1024

Aug 31, 2016
WOOD
So I have a three month P43 that ran out of pellets. I refilled and tried to restart. Well I heard a relatively loud noise and then the stove shut down. I put it in test mode and the fans work but not the feed. Any suggestions?

Based on what you have said thus far sounds like a jam. Check the feeder auger assembly. You have little kids perhaps?

Based on what you have said thus far sounds like a jam. Check the feeder auger assembly. You have little kids perhaps?
Dumb question but would I get to the feeder auger assembly from the front? And have two hairy dogs and two teenagers.

Empty the hopper and look at the "feed gate". Put it in test mode and the auger should cycle so you can look down and see any obstructions.

As soon as I turn the unit on, I'm just getting no pellets fed and a loud buzzing humming sound.

As soon as I turn the unit on, I'm just getting no pellets fed and a loud buzzing humming sound.

The loud buzz humming sounds like something is jammed up. Have you figured it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.