Help: Squire insert operation and possible missing pieces

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

balke

Dec 18, 2016
durham, nc
Hey everyone. This is my first post and I have a few questions. I recently bought a house that has a squire insert. It was not hooked up properly so I spent the money on hooking it up proper and make sure it was safe.

It had a grate in it but I do not think that it is supposed to be operated with a grate from what I have researched and so I took it out. Should I have kept it in? (seems to work better without it)

I have been spending so much time trying to adjust things to get a longer burn without it being too smoky out of the chimney and it is just not happening. I only get around 2 hours of burn time. How do I adjust this dang thing?!

I know I might be missing fire bricks on the bottom . Would the bricks make a big difference?

Is it possible to get glass doors?

I read something about a baffle but I just cant get a ton of good quality info or pictures on this thing. Anyone have a bunch of good images?

Any literature on this thing like a manual or parts list?

I uploaded some images so everyone will know what I have.

Thanks for the help in advance. I have been reading the forum like crazy and have gotten a lot of useful info already. Down the road I would like to do some modifications with secondary burn and what not but I figure for now I just need to get this thing running proper.

Attachments

• 20161218_173848.jpg
    20161218_173848.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 20161218_174004.jpg
    20161218_174004.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20161218_174102.jpg
    20161218_174102.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.