HELP!! Thimble /Crock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone

May 20, 2008
North East Pennsylvania
Long day Yesterday. I posted thsi message in the pellet corn grib?

I am looking for some serious help. I just recently posted pictures of my newlly insatlled heart and firplace that was assembled thsi year by myself and a freind along with a new chimney. The chimney is a masonry chimney. The problem I encountered is the thimble /crock is to small to handle the 24 guage black stove pipe. After hours we managed to get the stove pipe in but it was crimped to hell and made other fiitings almost ner impossible Not what I wanted.

So we began to chisel the clay thimble/crock out. After hours I got more than half way and my father suggessted that we just but a new crock/thimble to the one already in the wall.

Question:

Is this okay to do?

Would a seven in be better than the six or should I get one that measures more than 6 inches?

Any suggestions would be great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.