help with baby magnum stove exhaust blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stressmaster

Apr 6, 2024
wisconsin
I am looking for the upgraded motor for the exhaust so that I can upgrade my stove to have better out flow. anyone know what motor or kit is needed for the DC version?

The make and model of stove would be nice.
Other than soft start and life why do you need more combustion air?

The make and model of stove would be nice.
Other than soft start and life why do you need more combustion air?
like title says its a countryside baby magnum(only dc parts) so i think it is a bc-dc. these stoves like to clog with ash and also doesn't seem to burn well even after i detail cleaned it out and blew air through the horseshoe exhaust system and from what i read on other posts it greatly improves it but i can not find it anywhere.

Not sure they ever built one for the DC version, AC version went from 85 cfm to 105 cfm to help burn corn.

Not sure they ever built one for the DC version, AC version went from 85 cfm to 105 cfm to help burn corn.
yes they build a DC version that has a ac to dc converter. the motors are DC and i think the upgraded one is the 105cfm one that i only use 2 of the 3 wires on. This unit was installed by the previous house owner back in 2007 or 2008 and they discontinued the DC only version pretty quickly after that. I already have to make a new control system because these boards are no longer available and i am almost done doing this with a arduino, 2 pwm DC fan controllers, and a DC relay(for auger). luckily when the system is working correctly all 3 safety sensors just complete a circuit so they are easy to program in. I am already 98% of the way done with the programing and already got all the hardware needed but since I already have to buy a new convection blower I would like to upgrade the exhaust at the same time So i can program it correctly. My program will also include auger trim(probably just 3 levels but may do more for corn burning). The fans will be programed to run at 5 different speeds with a manual button push override for convection fan to set it faster but never slower than the heat level base setting needed for safety. So now you see why I'd like the upgraded version so I can program it correctly and do testing though I already did a lot of testing for pellets and know all the settings needed for auger already. I will also be adding a buck/boost converter so that the fans will always have a set voltage which from testing seemed to top out at 13.4 volts. This is so the system can always run from a deep cell battery(full voltage 13.1v and still work down to 8 volts(a Duracell 105ah agm battery will last for almost 3 days without any charging(Plan is to have 600w of solar panels to charge the system so it can alway run on or off grid). I am unsure if the AC version blowers actually used DC motors and the system converted them)

edit:
oh and i already replace the 110 sensor and tested the overheat sensor but i may need a vacuum sensor as well

Reactions: ARC