Help with new installation please

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boycie

Hearth Supporter
Sep 25, 2008
england
I am new to all this woodburning thingy but have done a bit of research and need some confirmation please.
I am fitting a Dovre 2000 woodburner and canopy into a chimney breast in a victorian house in England. The Dovre is a top exit flue only.My chimney breast goes all the way to the floor with an old coal fire back built in (with me so far boys!!!!) I propose to exit the top of the Dovre after 600mmm put a 45 degree bend and go through the chimney finishing flush with the inside .Iwas then going to brick up the coal fire back and fill it with concrete or hardcore to a level just below where the new flue pokes through the wall IS THIS OK??????
My chimney is in perfect condition but my problem is that the Dovres flue comes out the top and my opening in the chimney is at ground level

Thanks in advance for the replies

Kind regards Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.