Help with selling value of Country Winslow PI-40 pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

3nickles

Oct 18, 2006
I have a pristine condition Country Winslow PI-40 pellet stove insert. Bought brand new, meticulously maintained and in excellent condition.

I believe that I paid close to 4K new.

Can anyone advise what I could possibly get if I sold it?

FYI... I thoroughly enjoyed this stove and HATE to part with it, but I'm moving from the cold winter temps in Chicago area to the hot and hotter climate down in Florida so there is no need for the stove in my new home :(

Advice/opinions/interested-parties welcome! :)

Attachments

• 125-2529_IMG.JPG
    125-2529_IMG.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 125-2530_IMG.JPG
    125-2530_IMG.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 251
Nice pellet stove. It looks like you kept it well maintained. The dog sure seems to enjoy it.

You should look at craigslist in your area for similar stoves and then figure out a price range. It you have any bags of pellets throw them in for free to get more attention. Unfortunately you are selling in the summer now and demand tends to be distracted by summer activities.

Good luck.

Thanks Vinny. Checked craigslist and there aren't too many for sale in my area but I guess I'll just wing it and give it a go

If you can store it till September or October
you can ask more and get it . I buy in the
spring and summer refurbish them and sell in
September . They sell fast if you price them right
and you will get more then

Thanks Johneh.

Can you give me a ballpark price on what I might ask/get for my Country Winslow PI-40 insert?

It depends on your market
Around here I would expect 12 hundred to 15 hundred ( cleaned , repaired ,
checked and painted)
if I sold it in September to the end of November that is
when the market is best . I have no idea what you would
get in your area