Help with troubleshooting! Thelin Parlour 3000 not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

nobloodmutant

Jan 27, 2017
CT
We just moved into a new place with an existing Thelin Parlour 3000. It's the older model with no auto-ignitor/ backup battery. The stove was great since we ran it in Nov 2016 and it has gone through more than a ton of Barefoot pellets.
Three days ago, it was burning fine and then the fan stopped, the feeder was still working. We shut the stove off and then turned it on again. Fan not working on any mode (fan, low,med, high or clean) but the feeder was working on low, med and high. A day later, we tried to turn it on again. This time, the feeder will start at only low for 5 sec and then stopped. The green led light at the bottom went on for only a sec when the power is plugged in and then went off.
My husband and I are novice to pellet stoves. Any help in troubleshooting is very much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Manual in case you don't have one http://www.thelinco.com/wp-content/uploads/Parlour-Pellet-Stove-Owners-Manual-TH-REF-SLS-234.pdf

The manual mentions the brushes on the exhaust blower may need to be changed out. Might want to check to see if there is a small electric motor shop that can service the fan for you.... Always unplug the stove before working on it. From previous threads, it is not a simple process to get at the fan:( Try a search top right to find previous threads that may be helpful...

While this service manual is for the auto-ignite, there may be something of value
http://www.thelinco.com/wp-content/uploads/2010-LR-Pellet-Repair-EI-Manual_3-protected.pdf

Thank you Lake Girl, we looked through the manual. The fan just stopped all of a sudden, so we thought it was the power, but fuse is not blown. The green led light on the circuit board is on when power is on. The Thelin co is not answering phone calls nor responding to emails.... very frustrating...

Our worst fear is that we need to get a new fan. From what I gathered from this site, getting parts/service for a Thelin is pain in the neck.I am praying that it is something less complicated. A guy that sells stoves in our town told us he has no experience with Thelin stoves but told us to clean everything out thoroughly, said the dust/dirt may have tripped some sensor. We will try to do that tonight.

Parts are easily available from Sierra Products, they are the owners of Thelin now. The instructions for changing the fan motor are available on www.thelinco.com.Drop the resources tab and click on how to,the fan does take some work to change but is not impossible. Thy will tell you to turn the stove upside down but laying it on it's side works just as well.