Helping with the stacking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deck2

Burning Hunk
Aug 1, 2008
Adirondack Foothills, NY
Spent Sunday splitting and stacking. My 9 yr old son asked if he could help, he then asked if this would help him get stronger for football and I have him convinced that stacking firewood will make him a better football player ;) I hope to keep him interested at least till he is 12, his older brother has no interest in being in the woodpile or anywhere near a piece of firewood.

Attachments

• 20130818_153030.jpg
    20130818_153030.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 20130818_153023(0).jpg
    20130818_153023(0).jpg
    465 KB · Views: 177
He should go out for the shot-put team! ==c

Reactions: dylskee
It's amazing how much real strength and endurance you get performing real work as opposed to lifting weights

Spent Sunday splitting and stacking. My 9 yr old son asked if he could help, he then asked if this would help him get stronger for football and I have him convinced that stacking firewood will make him a better football player ;) I hope to keep him interested at least till he is 12, his older brother has no interest in being in the woodpile or anywhere near a piece of firewood.
Tell him it no doubt will help to make him a better football player, but more importantly, it will make him better MAN!
It might not be too late to explain that to his older brother as well.

For sure handling firewood will help with the football. Working those muscles, especially for a good time does much better than lifting weights in a gym. And as stated before it will help to build character too and character does matter a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.