Here we go!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
First one today!!

Reactions: brickie
First fire in a couple of weeks here. We'll be burning at least for the next several days.

Reactions: MEngineer24
Got one going too! We’ve been burning an evening/overnight fire here for the last few days.

Still no fire here. 50s and 60s forecast through the 14th. My wife hasn't even asked for a fire.

Really late for first fire, which has averaged October 23rd since we moved to MA 18 years ago.

Still no fire here. 50s and 60s forecast through the 14th. My wife hasn't even asked for a fire.

Really late for first fire, which has averaged October 23rd since we moved to MA 18 years ago.
You don't have one tonight? It's in the 20's right now. Warms up during the day but lately nights have been cold.

You don't have one tonight? It's in the 20's right now. Warms up during the day but lately nights have been cold.
Didn't have a fire. It was o.k. in the house. I'm really surprised I haven't had a fire.

It was still upper 30s on the porch when I went outside to have a cigar after 10 PM.

I went around the house and checked the 31-year-old windows a month ago after we had the house painted and I was reattaching the lower screen clips. Fixed several places where air was leaking around the side of the window tracks by pulling the window track and adding more foam. Seems to have really made a difference this fall so far.

Last edited:
First fire now. Late for me. November 15th.

Been burning 24/7 for a few days. Highs in the 40's lows in the 30's (farenheit)
Heat pump is shut off. Letting the stove do its thing. Its supposed to warm up in the 60's for the next couple of days so I'll let the stove go out and turn the heat pump on to do its thing

The Vancouver/Seattle area is having a bad time. Mudslides and high winds. Power is out to a lot of folks and down to freezing later in the week. it's like a hurricane with cold water.
I'll bet the people with wood stoves are glad to have them.
Here in Georgia we are burning at night since we had our first frost on Monday.

Power out from 8:30 to 4:00pm, but the temps were very mild until the front came through this afternoon. Lots of flooding near the rivers. I'm glad we are on high ground. Fire started when the temps dropped into the 40s.