Here's dry wood in NJ.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
$124 for 46.5 cu. ft. which works out to $2.66 per cu. ft. or $341.33 per cord if I did the math right.

I got $341/cord. I guess I rounded something. Not that crazy a price for nice, clean, kiln dried wood. There are people selling cords on Craig's List near me for $350 and that's probably for green wood.

Flatbedford said:
I got $341/cord. I guess I rounded something. Not that's crazy a price for nice, clean, kiln dried wood. There are people selling cords on Craig's List near me for $350 and that's probably for green wood.

I'll sell all mine for that per cord and fill the oil tank, plus put cash in my pocket.

Nice clean kiln dried wood huh, maybe at one time, but that mold didn't grow there cause it likes kiln dried wood.

I bet it was in a warehouse somewhere and it picked up the mold. Probably covered with a moisture barrier for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.