Here's how we spent the last three days.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Rented a firewood processor ,four of us involved, my friend who owns a big company, paid for it, but all four of us worked three twelve hour plus days feeding it.
Plus you have to keep it from getting backlogged since it is a six way splitter. The dump truck seen in the background was filled to the top two times and one of his drivers delivered it to our houses as it was filled. we each got a load and, I mean a load. Two of us own woodstoves and two have fireplaces ,but they're huge .I'ts all 100% white oak that was dumped off by a tree guy,who my friend traded with,ashphalt grindings for as much wood as we could handle nothing over two feet max that's all it will handle, just finished ,probably 40 hours total. But enough for many years. I also took all the crooked pieces that wouldn't feed easily, and only half a dump load, I'm set for a decade easily on wood.Red dumps filled six times.

Attachments

• wo.jpg
    wo.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 225
  • wo1.jpg
    wo1.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 226
  • wo3.jpg
    wo3.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 222
  • wo4.jpg
    wo4.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 218
  • wo5.jpg
    wo5.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 225
  • wo6.jpg
    wo6.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 221
  • wo7.jpg
    wo7.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 224
  • wo8.jpg
    wo8.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 218
  • wo9.jpg
    wo9.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 208
  • wo10.jpg
    wo10.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 211
  • wo11.jpg
    wo11.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 206
  • wo12.jpg
    wo12.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 203
  • wo13.jpg
    wo13.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 198
  • wo14.jpg
    wo14.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 203
  • wo15.jpg
    wo15.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 212
  • wo16.jpg
    wo16.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 247
  • wo17.jpg
    wo17.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 220
  • wo18.jpg
    wo18.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 201
Those Dyna's are slick as long as you have logs small and straight enough to go through!
IIRC the one we had over some years back was rated for 4 cords per hour...takes AT LEAST 4 guys to keep one running efficiently though!

Those Dyna's are slick as long as you have logs small and straight enough to go through!
IIRC the one we had over some years back was rated for 4 cords per hour...takes AT LEAST 4 guys to keep one running efficiently though!
You're right still lots of work involved,believe it or not those logs are mostly limbs from 200 plus year old white oaks that were destroying streets by pushing the road surface upwards. Police had to intervene because the neighbors didn't want the trees cut.

Good God what a firewood festival. I would have liked to have gotten in on that.

Rented a firewood processor ,four of us involved, my friend who owns a big company, paid for it, but all four of us worked three twelve hour plus days feeding it.
Plus you have to keep it from getting backlogged since it is a six way splitter. The dump truck seen in the background was filled to the top two times and one of his drivers delivered it to our houses as it was filled. we each got a load and, I mean a load. Two of us own woodstoves and two have fireplaces ,but they're huge .I'ts all 100% white oak that was dumped off by a tree guy,who my friend traded with,ashphalt grindings for as much wood as we could handle nothing over two feet max that's all it will handle, just finished ,probably 40 hours total. But enough for many years. I also took all the crooked pieces that wouldn't feed easily, and only half a dump load, I'm set for a decade easily on wood.Red dumps filled six times.
I just fainted, twice.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Sweetness overload !!

Man that's a chit load of wood. Hell of a friend renting a splitter like that. He deserves a cold brew.
Plenty consumed by three, but not me, I like my 34 inch waist,gin and no carb tonic occasionally, or dry wine 4to 5 ounces.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Are you trying to say drinking a six pack a day will make you fat?
Yeah, that is what my girlfriend keeps telling me. I think, she is right.