Heritage # 2 is here.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firecracker_77

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
She's sitting in the parking lot of my office now. Just need to get this 475 pound mass of stone and metal inside. It's times like this that I am glad it's not an Equinox or equally heavy stove.

Come on, Firecracker, get moving! If I was able to move it out of the house you should be able to get it into your office! ;)

Seriously, though, get it on a dolly. It's a lot less painful than picking it up.

Is the stove bolted to a pallet and you are moving the pallet onto a dolly? Or are the legs strong enough to be used?

Is the stove bolted to a pallet and you are moving the pallet onto a dolly? Or are the legs strong enough to be used?

The stove was bolted on two opposing legs (front left and back right), but Fire mentioned that the pallet broke during its travels.

The dolly would work with or without the pallet.

Update...I had 3 guys who will be doing the hearth pad and installation bring a furniture mover. We managed to slide it from the pallet to the furniture mover then rolled it up without too much hassle up the wheelchair sidewalk ramp and inside. Then, we put it near the front door where it will sit for 8 weeks. Applied a generous coating of the supplied stove polish / paint and she looks beautiful. As the guys faced her glass towards the wall, I removed the heat shield so I could polish that part and have that naked stone to look at. This is going to be an easier finish to maintain. My enameled Heritage chips and doesn't look as good when you try to touch it up. This you just wipe down anytime you want with the polish and all looks new again.

Update...I had 3 guys who will be doing the hearth pad and installation bring a furniture mover. We managed to slide it from the pallet to the furniture mover then rolled it up without too much hassle up the wheelchair sidewalk ramp and inside. Then, we put it near the front door where it will sit for 8 weeks. Applied a generous coating of the supplied stove polish / paint and she looks beautiful. As the guys faced her glass towards the wall, I removed the heat shield so I could polish that part and have that naked stone to look at. This is going to be an easier finish to maintain. My enameled Heritage chips and doesn't look as good when you try to touch it up. This you just wipe down anytime you want with the polish and all looks new again.

I also have a matte black heritage and the paint is so-so. You used that stove polish to make it shine? Just the casting? Anything on the stone?

I also have a matte black heritage and the paint is so-so. You used that stove polish to make it shine? Just the casting? Anything on the stone?

I still think you got a lemon with your cast iron. Fire's Heritage was made between 2004-2006 and the cast iron is in really good shape.

I still think you got a lemon with your cast iron. Fire's Heritage was made between 2004-2006 and the cast iron is in really good shape.

The iron is fine, the paint is just falling off in a couple of places plus the top front corner by the side loading door where I likely put my hand a little too often.

The iron is fine, the paint is just falling off in a couple of places plus the top front corner by the side loading door where I likely put my hand a little too often.

I put the Rutland stove polish on all black painted surfaces including the flue collar and the circular rear vent cover. It was a little discolored probably from humidity and now everything is black and looks brand new. I imagine this will preserve and prevent corrosion if done at least once a year.

The matte black Heritage has darker grain to the stone. The green enamel Heritage has more white and cream in the stone. They are each beautiful in their own way. I'm really happy with my purchases. I think I will do better with 2 Heritages than with one Mansfield, especially now that I have some flexibility with using one or both stoves. Burn times could be better and with a 2.3 cubic firebox, you are severely limited, but hopefully having two 500 pound hunks of stone radiating overnight, I will still have usable heat output in the a.m.

Waiting for pics of that Beauty installed! :)

(And BrowningBars 30 too ;))

Reactions: Jags
Status
Not open for further replies.