Heritage Airtight Stove - What are the knobs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thehulaqueen

Hearth Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
Buckhorn Ontario Canada
We just moved into a new house.. .and I have no idea what the knobs are on the wood stove. The top knob is just above the glass window, and the lower one is below. The lower one, if pushed in, allows the fire to burn. If I pull it out the fire goes out. I assume this is the draft, it's just opposite what I am used to in my parents house. The upper one I hear metal moving, and it *may* burn a little better if it's pulled out, but still seems to burn if pushed in.

If anyone can answer I would much appreciate it. The date on the back is 1987 if that helps. I know this is a really basic question... It's just a little odd moving into a house and trying to learn these things with no manual to help!

Thank you so much. This is a great site and I've really been enjoying reading through the Q&A;.

Cheers,
Sheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.