Hi I'm new....need help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kemham

Oct 1, 2017
Oklahoma
I just purchased a castle serenity pellet stove from HD. I also purchased a 3" duravent pipe kit to go with the stove. Problem is the appliance adapter is too big to attach correctly to the flue on on stove. I've went everywhere trying to find a smaller appliance adapter. They're all 3"... flue on stove is 2 and 7/8". Suggestions please.. 20171001_110753.jpg

the inner diameter of the appliance adapter should be at least 3".that should be able to slide freely covering the stove's outlet into the adapter..then fasten both pieces with a few screws and using silicon to seal the small gaps left between the two metals.

from what you are saying, the adapter really have huge gaps when placed around the exhaust.I dont recall mine (ventis system tho) being a "snug fit"and i had to push silicon into the gaps after screwing them together to ensure a good seal.
41diSj5p5FL.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I was of the understanding that the inner part of my adapter should slide into my stove outlet...so it can go over the outlet as long as I properly seal it?

That is correct

It is, and is much easier to drill than the freaking steal sheets (pipes).. I screwed in my adapter and it was a PAIN trying to drill the sheet, while the actual stove was very easy.
i guess if you can one of those adjustable metal bands (their names escapes me right now) as long as is able to stop it from moving around, or turning.
I also used a bit of silicone when placing the screw so even the threads would have some sealing.

The exhaust outlet on the stove is just steel, no problem drilling holes into it.