hickory- thumbs down...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude I dont know what to tell ya....;lol I did see that one early today for the first time ever.Much different than the usual ads I see from Stihl/Husqvarna/Echo,Woodcraft Supply,Bailey's,Traditional Woodworker,Garrett Wade,Highland Hardware.Even seen a Guinness one a couple weeks back.>>
I just think its funny as hell! This is a family site you would think that they would filter what you see on here. I know how double click will work and "tailor" your adds you see. Like if I just was looking at "stohll" (they make my High Valley stove now) website recently I will constantly get their add on the top for weeks like half the time. But there has been NOTHING looked at on the computer to make them think that would generate a click from me?? Usually I get that gassifier one or the one with the red coaled log all the time, but here recently they are changing.

I thought maybe it was cause it was late at night, although I think I seen it 2x today?

saw a totally different milf add just now, this is seriously getting crazy!!!

Back to hickory....I have some shagbark that was C/S/S 11/2010. It sat outside until May 2012 when I moved it under my sun porch. It got cold a couple of nights ago and I fired up a load.....holy smokes, this stuff was thermonuclear. It produced the highest reading I have ever seen on the top of my Crappyfire 4300, 780 degrees. The stove glass was so hot I could not hold my hand in front of it for more than a second or two. I have burned well-seasoned red and white oak and they didn't come close to hickory. There is some around northern NJ, but it's not nearly as common as ash and oak. Kind of a "special occasion" wood, like when it gets to 0 at night.

saw it when I came on this forum again?? the milf one again.

Wow, I only get ads for Super Cedars and OWBs. I am on ALL the wrong websites. :confused:

Wow, I only get ads for Super Cedars and OWBs. I am on ALL the wrong websites. :confused:
I get those about 99% of the time I just been noticing them lately. Make and effort to start looking at them I guarantee you that your will see them.

Funny think is that I now see a "Stoll" add above this reply box, possibly cause I put Stoll in an earlier post or that Stoll appears on this page? But I am now seeing that one? Maybe cause I wrote "milf" is the reason that I am seeing them all the time now, after a random posting??

milf milf milf milf

Nope, no dice.

;lol All I see are a bunch of different ads for various wood furnaces,boilers,stove pipe & other forms of 'heat' ;)

Again its not always, it may be 5% of the time?? right now I have a "draw collar" add as I type this and a jotul add up top as I type??

I think its actually more than 1% of the time now. I just saw it again (milf add) when I clicked on the main forums!! then when I got here I see Duravent and Chimneyfan.com?? I would say now by times I have clicked since last time its got to be closer to 5% of the time!!!

Edit as soon as I clicked out of this thread to the main forums page I see it again!!! Come on guys are yall not seeing it? Its honestly getting disturbing at this point!

Edit: As soon as I get out of here and go to the main page it was there again. Seriously!

Maybe I need to PM a mod and see what we can do, geeze you have to look over your shoulder now when your on the Hearth?

Status
Not open for further replies.