High Flame 717U..good stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sportbikerider78

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2014
Saratoga, NY
I found a new stove locally for about $600. Looks like they go for north of $1,500 if you were to buy from a store.
http://www.hiflame.com/pshow.asp?Cid=13&PID=23

I am shopping for a stove that can heat my 2000sqft home and do overnight burns. Originally, I have had my eye on a new Englander 30, but am not in a rush so I am keep and eye open for bargains.

How do you guys think this would meet my needs?

I found another guy selling a practically brand new Jotul Oslo F500 for $1800. Trying to get him down in price. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not many of them showing up here yet. You might be the first. It looks like a new stove out of China. At $600 it sounds like a pretty good deal. However, unless the house is very well insulated I would be looking at a 3 cu ft stove instead. If you have been looking at the Englander 30NC, that may be a better choice.

The 717U is 2 cu ft. Going through their product list the HF-737U Large Wood Stove looks like a knockoff of the Jotul F500 Oslo. I read through the manual and see some glaring errors. It looks like a generic copy and paste document. Most alarming is that it doesn't acknowledge the side loading door in either the hearth dimensions or the left side clearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.