High Temp Grease

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyJ

Hey folks,

I own the M55 and it came with a little tube of "high temp grease". Do any of you know what I could get to replace this as I would like to have some extra for this winter. Thanks

Attachments

• 41prQb18SCL__SS500_.jpg
    41prQb18SCL__SS500_.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 551
What is that grease used for????

intended for brake slides and pins.

I use it wherever hi temp lube is needed.

YMMV

You can get a 14.1 oz tube at Graingers if u have one near you for $3.36. Item #4NPL9. I've been using it for years on my smoker rottisiery.......and now my pellet stove bearings.

John

I have a can of neverseize anti-sieze compound left over from my Navy days. Life time supply! Use it on automotive things but it would certainly work for stove high temps.

Smoke show prob has the best solution. Brake caliper grease would be best in this situation. But, look at the grease you have now and compare it to caliper grease and Anti seize. Anti-seize is usually too thick and is used in parts which move very slow and dont travel much, things you dont want to get stuck, hence, never seize. I doubt this is whats used. Brake caliper is thinner and will be better in frequent moving or faster traveling parts.

Actually, in this case the anti-seize is used for the very slow rotating agitator bushing. So, it is better to have something a little on the thick side. The little tube that comes with the stove should last a long time. You only need a tiny dab when you do your weekly cleaning.
Flynfrfun

I have been using hitemp anti sieze(loctite gold color) on the agitator shaft ends and on the clean out tee caps. I also use it on the outside pipe joints I need to take off and the cap. Makes the pipes come apart easier. If and when I take my auger shaft out I might put some on the bushing too???

Anti-siezes can be had with either molybdenum or copper or maybe graphite too. Originally they were used when pressing parts together to prevent galling, I believe, but the stuff is slipperier than owl sheet.....

tjnamtiw said:
Anti-siezes can be had with either molybdenum or copper or maybe graphite too. Originally they were used when pressing parts together to prevent galling, I believe, but the stuff is slipperier than owl sheet.....

It's fun to put a glob under your friend's exterior door handle on his truck as a joke too.

flynfrfun said:
tjnamtiw said:

It's fun to put a glob under your friend's exterior door handle on his truck as a joke too.

ha ha ha. And that stuff is HARD to get off your hands!!!!! You left out the part about 'run like hell'!!!

tjnamtiw said:
flynfrfun said:
tjnamtiw said:

ha ha ha. And that stuff is HARD to get off your hands!!!!! You left out the part about 'run like hell'!!!

Doesn't come off easy and spreads like wild fire. What ever you touch will also get some. We could follow the trail!

I see you 2 never grew up! hehe(jk). Glad I don't live near you, Can't imagine what Halloween would be like in your neck of the woods???? :cheese:

ha ha, J-T..... Nope, 68 and still a kid at heart! What the hell is the sense of living if you can't laugh once in a while? Even if you are the focus of the joke? I guess that's why they banned me from the Ash Can. They can't take a joke down there. %-P

tjnamtiw said:
ha ha, J-T..... Nope, 68 and still a kid at heart! What the hell is the sense of living if you can't laugh once in a while? Even if you are the focus of the joke? I guess that's why they banned me from the Ash Can. They can't take a joke down there. %-P

I never grew up either! Only problem is my toys just got alot more expensive! :)

j-takeman said:
tjnamtiw said:

I never grew up either! Only problem is my toys just got alot more expensive! :)

Ain't that the truth?@@@!!! The most expensive one I have sleeps next to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.