Homemade Chase Cover?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

justinandlaura

Oct 1, 2021
Ma
Has anyone seen a post on the net about a homemade chase cover? Im considering making one and wanted to see what other people may have come up with.

Has anyone seen a post on the net about a homemade chase cover? Im considering making one and wanted to see what other people may have come up with.
If you are making one do it out of stainless anything else is temporary

Reactions: justinandlaura
I have an odd size chimney top on an old house and had an online chimney store quote a Stainless chase cover that would cover the entire thing with a 3" skirt all around. Then it would have an oval collar for the liner to come up through. The quote they gave me was very high in my opinion. A local metal fab shop made me one from Stainless for 26.5% of what the online guys quoted and it was all Tig welded seams. Fabricating your own with that gauge stainless would be a bear. I'd draw it up and check with local shops.