Homestead Baffle Replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RobertsMGB

Oct 1, 2021
Rensselaerville, NY
I've read a lot of posts about baffle replacement but I haven't seen anything addressing my problem - sliding the secondary tubes to the left!! Have Hearthstone's instructions and watched their video describing a number of other models. I've removed the cotter pin from the middle tube but there's absolutely no play in the tubes allowing them to slide. Is this just too many years of burning and accumulation of ash and grit? Need to use more muscle to break things free? Any tricks on getting the tubes to slide out would be appreciated!

Use vise grip pliers on the tube, positioning them about an inch from the left side & rap them with a ball peen hammer.
Let us know if that works.

Thanks begreen. I have that and was following the directions. It implies that the tubes slide out easily and they sure don't.

DAKSY has the right idea (we're almost neighbors! I'm 30 miles SW of Albany) and his trick worked on the middle and back tube. Still trying to get the front one out.

Reactions: DAKSY
That's a beautiful area. Good to hear you are making progress.