Hooking heat run into woodburner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bernie b

Jan 11, 2020
Michigan
Have wood burner hot last. 155m. 2. 8" piping separated coming out of it
One of them is running about 30 ft under crawl space and blowing up into living room all galvanized piping works good ..
Have 10" reduced to 8" also galvanized running from gas heater from attic into basement. 10 ft away. From wood burning pipe with installing t to hook this to wood burning piping with spring loaded damper with rubber seal .do I need 1 or 2 dampers and where should I install damper s

1. Is this a furnace? If so, post in the Boiler Room/Furnace section.

2. Before doing so, re-write your post. I have no idea what you are saying and asking, but somebody might be able to figure it out.

I can't comment either. Not sure if what is set up is even legal or safe.

US Stove hot blast furnace w/ (2) 8" outlets, sounds like one outlet is being used to heat into the family room via run through crawl space, other vent not being used but user wished to tie into existing 10" duct run that goes from attic gas furnace to basement,
I'd say (2) dampers if this is the case, one to block the basement registers and the other to block the main line immediately after the furnace, if you get the electrical ones you can reverse wire them so there in the closed position when the wood furnace is running and open up when the gas furnace is running. The reason for the damper to close the supply in the basement is that its prob already warm from the furnace and you need return air coming to the wood furnace / not over pressurize the end of the original supply duct, also to maximize the living room heat, insulate the air duct in the crawl space.