Hose on PowerSmith PAVC-101 ash vacuum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tiger

Feeling the Heat
Feb 3, 2014
Seabrook, MD (DC suburbs)
I was doing a weekly light front-end cleaning of the Harman and noticed my vac wasn't aggressively picking anything up; looking closer, wow, the hose was almost 100% severed right at the nozzle end. Duh, that would impact things. I "patched it up" with duct tape but that won't hold very long. I see that at Amazon they have a replacement hose, I presume to factory specs, for under $24... but are there other options? Something sturdier? I got the vac not that long after getting the pellet stove, so I guess about 6+ years of age.

There must be something with me and hoses, my previous shop vac also had a failed hose. And I'm on my 3rd hose -- they all seem to be poorly made! -- for my home's central vac system; but, then again, I've had the set-up for 32 years.

Check Home Depot, they have some decent replacement hose

Reactions: Ssyko
Check Home Depot, they have some decent replacement hose

Great idea, and I need to go there anyway. Plus, 5 minutes after posting the topic, I realized the hose itself screws into a plastic fitting and the break is near the end -- to, temporarily, I could just shorten the hose a few inches.

Reactions: Ssyko and Washed-Up