Hot Bricks compressed wood--anyone heard of them

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dyerkutn

Feeling the Heat
Jul 11, 2011
Boston NW suburbs
Anybody heard of Hot Bricks from Waterbury CT.--I just saw some around here. They are 8 bricks for $4.99 and say they have no wax or additives--they look a lot like BioBricks but the dealer is closer to my house.

The biobricks folks sell the entire machines - so chances are it's made in a similar fashion!
I was asking because there was a discussion a few days ago about people's experience with the relative quality of various kinds of compressed wood and some were not so good
so compare it (by the ton) and see if it makes sense.
OK

your dog is cute!!

I was at the farm store couple days back forget the band of compressed logs( not duroflame) lb fo lb priced higher than pellets. pellets were 3.99/40lb

It all depends on the type of wood they are getting. I know that area of Waterbury and if I remember correctly there is a hardwood floor factory over there. That could be were they are getting the product.

A lb of wood is a lb of wood - so compare it (by the ton) and see if it makes sense.
Exactly. A pound of dry wood provides about 8600 BTU regardless of species, so you can pretty much compare prices by the pound. As long as they are 100% wood products. As you know, avoid logs with wax for stove use.

Status
Not open for further replies.