HOT-BRICKS...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2011
jackmanistan, maine
Has anyone else tried these?
I searched on here and didn't find anything about them, but I have pisspoor 14564468304731581496071.jpg luck when it comes to searches.
They claim to be hardwood... but sure smell like white pine to me.
I picked up a 15 pack at the hardware store for $7 for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Let us know how they burn, there's been an advertising blitz going on here this winter for these bricks.

Reactions: Wickets
I picked up a pallet two months ago.They're ok about the same as bio-bricks.However the ones I bought last year were much more solid and didn't give off a smell like this year's load.Last year's load burned longer than bio-bricks.This years load aren't as good as last years for some reason.

I can't say they're the end all be all that is for sure. However I have never burned compressed wood before now. They seemed like they wanted to smudge unless either stove was WFO for the first hour and they burned much better in the cookstove than the sierra. Not as much heat output as I thought I would get. 3 was a decent burn in the cookstove. 8 was subpar in the sierra it barely hit 500. I was worried about over fire and was iffy on putting 8 in it though.

If I'm going to burn a compressed wood product I'll stick with the neil's, if I see bio bricks or similar products on sale I'll pick up a few packs and use them when I want a shorter, quicker burn to warm up quick or I use them to burn down coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.