How are you spending your Corona isolation time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
So far we are paralleling last year. Cases are down to maybe a couple hundred a day. Will continue to go down even with tourists. But put the kids back in school in the fall and it will skyrocket once again.

So far we are paralleling last year. Cases are down to maybe a couple hundred a day. Will continue to go down even with tourists. But put the kids back in school in the fall and it will skyrocket once again.
We will see. I am hoping enough get vaccinated and it works as designed so that doesn't happen. But we will see.

Hope??? why hope, it's science !!! . FDA added heart inflammation warning to Pfizer and Moderna vaccines | Just The News Here's a little science for you and there's a helluva lot more thats been blacklisted. My apologies to Joe
You mean there is a rare side effect to a new medication???? Have you ever read the warnings on medications? They all have rare but serious side effects. But guess what getting covid has some very serious and not nearly as rare effects. Can you give us some examples of these "black listed" problems????

And yes I hope it all works out as designed. I hope the misinformed paranoid people don't allow for mutations that are resistant to the vaccine.

What exactly does this have to do with Joe??? Again this should have nothing at all to do with politics.

I'm sorry, I assumed(ass out of you & me)that you would have caught the reference to the book about Joe "Backlisted By History" but I was wrong. Did you even go to the link? There's more by the way. So now the FDA is political.

My guess is its going to align roughly with red state blue state. Statistics are pretty clear high vaccination states (blue) are seeing a big drop and return to some normalcy while low vaccination states (red) are seeing significant impacts from the Delta variant. Its pretty well established that the younger someone is, the less likely they have symptoms but still can be carriers and young people were the last to get vaccinations so its likely its going to roar through the school systems and colleges.

Reactions: begreen and bholler
I'm sorry, I assumed(ass out of you & me)that you would have caught the reference to the book about Joe "Backlisted By History" but I was wrong. Did you even go to the link? There's more by the way
Yes I went to the link. And I actually read it as well. Yes there are some additional complications. But the numbers are extremely low compared to the number of people vaccinated. Far far lower statistically than those who had much more serious effects or death from covid.

Not sure what you think a book trying to justify McCarthyism has to do with covid.

There are side effects to many if not most drugs. Still, compared to side-effects of contracting Covid-19, they are trivial. The cases of myocarditis have not proven fatal afaik and clear up in about 48 hrs. There have been other side effects for some, like temporary headaches, low energy etc. that last for a couple days. My son felt sick for about 8 hrs on the second day after the second shot. Then all of a sudden he felt fine. Would he have skipped getting vaccinated? Not on your life.

Shingles vaccine is next for me. Yeah, my arm may ache for awhile. I'll get over it.

My guess is its going to align roughly with red state blue state. Statistics are pretty clear high vaccination states (blue) are seeing a big drop and return to some normalcy while low vaccination states (red) are seeing significant impacts from the Delta variant. Its pretty well established that the younger someone is, the less likely they have symptoms but still can be carriers and young people were the last to get vaccinations so its likely its going to roar through the school systems and colleges.
So far it looks like Wyoming, Missouri, Alabama, Mississipi and Arkansas have the potential to be serious bloom spots of the Delta variant. This is already is happening in Missouri.

The shingles vaccine gave me sorer arm than the Pfizer Covid shots. The new double dost formulation has the reputation of few more side effects but covers a lot more variations of the shingles to the point that people with the first version are recommeded to get the second.

The shingles vaccine gave me sorer arm than the Pfizer Covid shots. The new double dost formulation has the reputation of few more side effects but covers a lot more variations of the shingles to the point that people with the first version are recommeded to get the second.
Yeah, this is for the Shingrix vaccine. I had the earlier one, but it doesn't have a great percentage of effectiveness. The new vaccine appears to be much more effective.

Sad to say all those states have health care systems on the brink. Many folks are uninsured and that means long drives to poorly equipped regional health centers. The healthy will survive and the unvaccinated folks with health conditions will die, all to avoid a free vaccine shot that a hypocrit that had severe Covid and only was saved with an experimental drug treatment unavailable to most americans convinced them to avoid.

So far it looks like Wyoming, Missouri, Alabama, Mississipi and Arkansas have the potential to be serious bloom spots of the Delta variant. This is already is happening in Missouri.

Reactions: vinny11950
There are side effects to many if not most drugs. Still, compared to side-effects of contracting Covid-19, they are trivial. The cases of myocarditis have not proven fatal afaik and clear up in about 48 hrs. There have been other side effects for some, like temporary headaches, low energy etc. that last for a couple days. My son felt sick for about 8 hrs on the second day after the second shot. Then all of a sudden he felt fine. Would he have skipped getting vaccinated? Not on your life.

Shingles vaccine is next for me. Yeah, my arm may ache for awhile. I'll get over it.
I felt like crap for almost a day after the second shot but then I was perfectly fine. No big deal just like a relatively mild flue

I felt like crap for almost a day after the second shot but then I was perfectly fine. No big deal just like a relatively mild flue
Compared to the side effects of the disease, not a big deal. Globally there have been almost 4 million deaths from Covid so far in the past 18 months and this disease is not finished yet.

Compared to the side effects of the disease, not a big deal. Globally there have been almost 4 million deaths from Covid so far in the past 18 months and this disease is not finished yet.
I agree completely

The only shot to give me a sore arm was tetanus. Like for 2 weeks. Covid shot or any flu shot it’s like nothing ever happened.

The only shot to give me a sore arm was tetanus. Like for 2 weeks. Covid shot or any flu shot it’s like nothing ever happened.
except a day off if it made you tired like me. covid shot is a good thing. it probably started with a person who is afraid of needles and had to justify not getting the shot

Reactions: bholler
I have been fully vaccinated as well as my loved ones, so really I don't care if someone does not get vaccinated. I endured the last year of social distancing and mask wearing and lock downs and am done with that. I'm not going to do that to protect people who are too stupid to get vaccinated. I don't wish bad on them but they made their choice and have to live with it so if they catch covid at this point it's not my problem. Life has to go on. Plus masks and social distancing is bad for our immune systems. We need to have contact with viruses for our immune system to build immunity (talking about other than covid-19) and protect us.

I have been fully vaccinated as well as my loved ones, so really I don't care if someone does not get vaccinated. I endured the last year of social distancing and mask wearing and lock downs and am done with that. I'm not going to do that to protect people who are too stupid to get vaccinated. I don't wish bad on them but they made their choice and have to live with it so if they catch covid at this point it's not my problem. Life has to go on. Plus masks and social distancing is bad for our immune systems. We need to have contact with viruses for our immune system to build immunity (talking about other than covid-19) and protect us.

Except that those who did not vaccinate are the breeding ground for new varieties that at some point WILL be able to go past the protection of the current vaccines. And that is how their choices do affect us. Because of their refusal to look past scary words to actual statistics, we may end up back where we were 14 months ago because of anew variety that is able to circumvent the current protection.

Here on LI my kids went to school in September. I expected for three weeks. Masked, screens, distanced in the classroom. 17 kids per room (fantastic student teacher ratio ). It surprisingly lasted all year. Yes there were a few infections but the statistics show it did not spread in the school. Well-done school district.

Now, I heard speculation that maybe Pfizer might be (emergency-) approved for 2-12 yr olds in September. That would make classes even safer. I hope that happens.

The issue is it looks like the Delta variant is able to infect people who are vaccinated. The symptoms are not severe but it is able to spread in vaccinated people too, so it could mutate in that segment of the population too.

And the rest of world is nowhere close to vaccinated enough to stop the spread.

I look forward to the future research that explains how this virus manages to spread so easily and why it affects some people so severely and others not.

We need to have contact with viruses for our immune system to build immunity (talking about other than covid-19) and protect us.
Centuries of exposure to cold and flu viruses have not helped us develop an immunity to them because some viruses mutate constantly. Mask wearing has show another dramatic benefit. Flu hospitalizations and deaths plunged to very low levels. Sick people should not go out into public without a mask.

Reactions: SpaceBus