How are you spending your Corona isolation time?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Reactions: vinny11950
Yesterday was very nice like sunny and 60f at times. So I took my summer baby out of hibernation and vacuumed and washed it in the yard. Sat in it and enjoyed “all 80s Saturday night” on the radio which was fitting. Put it back away last night because they say snow is rolling in. I won’t let this car see bad weather.

IMG_1882 2.jpgIMG_1886.jpg

after the top gets cut how far does he get thrown or how far does his puke go

Just dropped Wind Damaged Tree (1/2 sheared off). 50ft Pine. Nothing like this video. Still I know why I get disabilty after getting the tree down and out of the forest for bucking up. Glad the Chain Saw ran out of Fuel.

if i only knew i would have kept all my marbles. i've always been told that i lost my marbles!!!

Reactions: begreen
Now I know for sure I am cabin wacky
I just sat here and watched marbles roll down a hill !!
:p

I'm still working on the house build. I have it mostly done. I have to put in microwaves, a wall oven, a shower stall, two toilets, a dishwasher, and paint trim. I start putting on door and drawer pulls on Sunday. 52 drawers and 30 cabinet doors.

How will I ever remember which drawer or cabinet I put things in?

November 1 is the projected completion date. I know I will see other things to do prior to completion, but to be this close is just about unbelievable.

Before freeze up, I would like to dig in a couple of frost free hydrants and place shut off ball valves between the cisterns and the house. Maybe, just maybe I will get this done.

Covid drove up prices and made some things hard to obtain, but I do think I am going to complete this project on time. Closet doors have been a PITA, after waiting 5 weeks the wrong doors arrived The next set are 3 weeks away, and I hope this time the correct doors arrive.

I hope the rest of you are well.

We have two cases about 40 miles north of us, another four 14 miles north of us and one case west of our town so our county isn't doing that bad yet, we've had a total of 326 cases since it started with four deaths.

I've scraped,sanded and painted the front porch and the handrails on the back steps along with cleaning up our house lot and burning or taking to the wood dump dead branches.

Except for ordering a pizza at our favorite place, we've stayed away from eating out inside a place and certain stores in our area.
1601775879560.png

Last edited:
Not on lock down anymore but still watching Youtube videos.

I had forgotten how great Randy Rhoads was, and then I listen to this song again and it all comes back. I was always an Ozzy Osbourne fan growing up but now I have a better appreciation of the guitar solo in this song. Amazing. And the hair and outfits are just magical 80s.

OZZY OSBOURNE - "Mr. Crowley" 1981 (Live Video) - YouTube

Reactions: SpaceBus
Based on what's happening in Australia and Europe we will be back in lockdown before too long.

• Wow
Based on what's happening in Australia and Europe we will be back in lockdown before too long.
Unfortunately you may be right. With a significant percentage of people in some areas not getting vaccinated as a political statement, the delta variant will savagely take hold there. Based on other countries' experiences, there is a good chance that a lot of its victims this time will be younger people. And with large spread, the chances of another mutation are high. That is sad. Disease don't give a damn about politics.