How 'bout some Oak, Cherry, Maple, Apple, Locust, or Mulberry?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ansehnlich1

Retired Hearth.com Member
Dec 5, 2006
Adams County, PA
Gee, I ain't pushed the post button yet, sure do hope these pictures turn out ok.....

they're showin' my humble wood pile :):):)

well, here goes........

Attachments

• holtz 1.JPG
    holtz 1.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 616
  • holtz 2.JPG
    holtz 2.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 567
  • holtz 3.JPG
    holtz 3.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 579
Nice job, how much wood you think in those holz hausen's?

Nice stacks! You are so lucky to have such a nice selection of hardwoods.

Oh man, I know it, living here in south Pa. gives me a nice selection of wood to burn. I'm just south of what they call apple country around here, check out Biglerville Pa. on the map if you want. I'm between Gettysburg and Littlestown Pa. and about 10 or 15 miles from the orchards....well, those trees only produce so long, then they rip out the orchard and start over, often giving away the wood :)

Ain't never split elm, not sure if I want to, but that apple is a bear to get a wedge through for sure!

I don't know if there's a cord in each of them hausen's there or not, the closer one in the pic is a bit bigger, bet they're close to a cord each though. If you looky at that pic in the middle you can see another stack back in the back there along the trees, and theres a bit more around the corner from that stack that I need to split yet. I probably have 4 cord or so ready :)

I'm 47 years old......split by hand, and seriously considering a splitter.....reading this site all the time.

peace men,
Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.