How I Bring Wood in the House

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweetness. And No stairs to go up and down while carrying wood. :zip:

Fire in the hole! :lol:

lukem said:
Step 1: Fill trailer from wood shed, drive to house.

Lukem, that looks like a great idea. Reminds me of the chute we had for putting wood in the basement only we had to remove a basement window rather than a lid.

Danno77 said:
How the heck is there yard on top of your basement. My basement has this stupid house on it, lol.

:) :) :)

Backwoods Savage said:
lukem said:
Step 1: Fill trailer from wood shed, drive to house.

Lukem, that looks like a great idea. Reminds me of the chute we had for putting wood in the basement only we had to remove a basement window rather than a lid.

We used to do that at my Uncle's house . . . and we soon made a game out of tossing the splits down so they would hit the window sill and bounce further into the basement . . . of course I'm not sure if my Uncle appreciated all the battering that window sill took.

That is frickin' cool as can be.

But it does raise a whole bunch of other questions about having a yard on top of your basement. like, what the hell is keeping the lawn from being part of your basement? and does it leak? at all? a heavy dew in the morning puts water in my sump pit.......i couldnt imagine having earth on top of my basement unless i wanted a swimming pool in my house.

futureboiler said:
That is frickin' cool as can be.

But it does raise a whole bunch of other questions about having a yard on top of your basement. like, what the hell is keeping the lawn from being part of your basement? and does it leak? at all? a heavy dew in the morning puts water in my sump pit.......i couldnt imagine having earth on top of my basement unless i wanted a swimming pool in my house.

It is completely water tight. The room where the wood goes is fully encased in concrete...and that concrete has been treated with water sealing paint. I do get a little condensation on the walls because of the relatively cool temps in the room.

pretty slick,gives me some ideas i,m sure the better half will hate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.