How is Cherry for burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't be disappointed with cherry - I seem to only get about a 1/2 cord a year, but love it for fall and spring fires - smells awesome - dries fast, etc. Cheers!

Reactions: raybonz
Only a rough resemblance---thanks for the link to the chart--very interesting. I suppose the proof is in the burning--or will be. In any case---the cherry smells wonderful in my driveway!
Smells even better when you place some small pieces in foil and poke holes in the top and place over hot coals ;)

Ray

Cherry doesn't coal near as good as Oak, but it does coal. Now Tulip Poplar- that would be a non-coaling firewood. Ditto for Pine, etc. Cherry coals are sort of half-out, half dark looking, don't really look like much- but stir them and you will see a lot of coaling there. That bed of Cherry coals will definitely start some new hardwood splits if you lay them across it. Lots of folks mix woods. It can't hurt to have a split or two of Oak go in with every batch, for the excellent coaling you will get.

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.