How long did your owb last?....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brad068

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Reason I created this thread is because two of my neighbors owb's which are the same model, we'll call them " johnsons" have developed leaks. One is 9 years old and one is 5. Another neighbors failed after 8 years we'll call that one a "spirit".

For pete's sake, I got a Murrary lawn tractor thats older than any of these boilers, bought brand new and still going strong!

Lets hear your stories....

My dad's heatmor was purchased new in 94 and still going strong.anual water treatment checks 2 anode rods and 1 pump have been the only maitnence

fabguy01 said:
My dad's heatmor was purchased new in 94 and still going strong.anual water treatment checks 2 anode rods and 1 pump have been the only maitnence

Thats good to hear b/c my aunt has a heatmor which is 6 years with no problems

Garnification said:
fabguy01 said:

Thats good to hear b/c my aunt has a heatmor which is 6 years with no problems
our dealer told us to change the anode rod every 5 years so were due to replace again. the first time we did it the rod was so caked up with crap we had to break it off and pound it down into the tank. oh, btw we also had to replace the bladder in the top about 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.