How Many Bags So Far

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started October 14th and I have burned 80 bags thus far.

83 Bags here since October...

just added my 14th bag this morning to my Englander 25-PDVC. Installed my stove, Dec 14th.
Burning Maine's Choice, With 1 bag Cleanfire Hardwood near the begining.

64 bags since October 25 th.very cold December, heat wave yesterday and today in the 50's.

I started the stove in Oct. and am at 63 bags. Finished up the NEWP's I had won. Burnt some Hamers and some Chow. Just switched to Okie's to finish the 1/2ton off. It's fun trying the different brands. :)

didnt really keep track id guess 50 held off lightn the stove till the wife threatened
to turn on the furnace :ahhh:

Just under a ton so far !

you supposed to count them????

Just polished off 2 tons. I wouldn't normally use that many but December was odd. Single digits mostly. Hopefully January will be gentle to make up for it.

1 ton of Lignetics and 34 bags of Instant Heat (Tractor Supply) started stove 10-20-10....

So far about 40 bags. Started stove up late Oct.

Ton and a half. Started with 4 tons late October...
Burned a bag a day or less & went to two bags around Turkey Day...
2-1/2 left to get thru...Lessee...90 days til 1 April...
If I don't get it back to a bag a day, I might be a tad short...Oh well...

Since October... 88 bags. I burned 39 bags in December and 49 bags in November and October. Just moved around the bottom few bags on the 2nd ton and found 3 wet bags. 1/4 to 1/2 the bag is lost. I just give them to my neighbor for his fireplace. Those expanded pellets are some real good kidling. So out of 4000 pounds I only lost 25 +- lbs. Not to shabby.

Started burning mid Oct. Oct was on and off, then once it got cold left it on full time. Have burned 83 bags of Somerset’s

About 1.5 ton so far. Changed over from the shoulders to last years left over good stuff about 2 weeks ago when the cold snap hit......Fresh Spruce Pointe wating to go in soon.

oliveone said:
Started burning mid Oct. Oct was on and off, then once it got cold left it on full time. Have burned 83 bags of Somerset’s

Very similar numbers for us, since we're in the same area. I started Oct.5, and dumped bag # 88 into the hopper today.

Started burning in October, and just finished a little over a ton. Most of that was in the past month when it got quite cold.

about 45 bags so far
started burning in November

142 bags as of this morning

started burning nov 1st
just put in bag 100
not quite 2 bags a day
keeping 4600 sq ft at 68 degrees
yes, really
open concept only 7 "rooms" in house
stove room is 1600 sq ft

Status
Not open for further replies.