How Many Bags So Far

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started burning mid October I have just passed 100 bags, December was in the single digits a lot. Also I am heating a 100+ year old Victorian that has 2450sq ft of living space. I have been slowing remodeling to improve insulation but looks like I will get away with only using 4 ton which sounds ok to me for what I heat. This is far better then the thousands of dollars in oil that I spent the last 4 years.

Started burning in mid October 100 bags of pellets, 1 ton of corn,10 bags of paper pellets.
Had to fire up the furnace yesterday to make sure it still works :)Keeping this 1930's built
house toasty,even in single digit nites house is low 70's.Burn um if you gottum

Haubera said:
Started burning in October, and just finished a little over a ton. Most of that was in the past month when it got quite cold.
Started in October also. Looks like we have gone through 65-70 bags.
Also about 100 gal of oil for hot water and heat on 2nd floor to bring temp from 64 to 67ish

three tons, heating whole house, oil company did not send a xmas card (boo hoo)....

UncleAnthony said:
three tons, heating whole house, oil company did not send a xmas card (boo hoo)....

I see Nature's Own on your sig. I just swapped 5 of my TreeCycle for 5 of Nature's from a family member. How does your stove handle those? I have yet to pour in my first bag, which I'll probably do tomorrow sometime to test against TC.

My gas furnace has had the switch off since Oct. 2007 except for those couple of minutes I ran it because I forgot to put wood in the stove before heading out for 6 hrs, last season. Feels good to be independent.

fired up oct 25 this season (better than sept 30 '09) 2 tons gone last year and a half ton so far this month (good thing I had 8)

I have burned 2.5 tons so far.Two tons Atlas and half a ton Blazers.

Well I just counted them up err I mean down.

Bag 133 is currently meeting the flame, started on Oct 9 when we got back from camp where Mrs. Smokey got chilled.

abt 75 bags since november 24th just picked up another ton last weekend going for another this week

Bag # 119 here been buring since OCT, every chance i get i hook up the trailer and pick up another ton of the chows, have 7 ton or so in the basement of asst kinds

Been abnormally cold in Southwest Virginia this winter. Our Decemner went down as 3rd coldest on record. I think the average temp was 29.5. I started burning 3rd or 4th week of September (mostly at night to knock chill off). We are heating a 2200 sq. ft. tri-level. I have used about 21/2 tons this year. In comparison I used about 175 bags for 2009-2010 season. Been cold enough that the heat pump had to assist on upper two levels.

Went through 3 ton so far, will prob be more just got another Whitfield Advantage III for the other side of the house will be burnin 100% pellets now! No more oil..

Started Nov 1st, I am on bag number 98 right now. I think I am going to need 1 to 2 more tons to finish the season.

55 bags for the house since Oct 19th. By end of January, will have burned 80 bags total. BIG difference with R38 in the attic and closed cell foam in the crawl space under the house. Expect to crack open a fresh ton on Feb 1, with another ton in reserve. On schedule to consume 3.5 tons total, this season. PRICELESS!

Just dumped in bags 86 and 87 this morning. It may be colder this season, But I seem to be using less. Insulation and stove mod's paying off?????

pelletnubi said:
UncleAnthony said:

I see Nature's Own on your sig. I just swapped 5 of my TreeCycle for 5 of Nature's from a family member. How does your stove handle those? I have yet to pour in my first bag, which I'll probably do tomorrow sometime to test against TC.

My gas furnace has had the switch off since Oct. 2007 except for those couple of minutes I ran it because I forgot to put wood in the stove before heading out for 6 hrs, last season. Feels good to be independent.

Hi,
Nature's Own burns hot, fairly clean, little ash. Went thru coldest months last year on these, very happy with them.
Hope you like them. Burning them this year, with the coldest months (now) using Barefoot, and those are superhot !
Yes, its feels good for me to be independent of the oil.
Stay warm !

UncleAnthony said:
pelletnubi said:
UncleAnthony said:

Hi,
Nature's Own burns hot, fairly clean, little ash. Went thru coldest months last year on these, very happy with them.
Hope you like them. Burning them this year, with the coldest months (now) using Barefoot, and those are superhot !
Yes, its feels good for me to be independent of the oil.
Stay warm !

Natures own is a Premier pellet just like the Stove Chow every one is raving about. Its an Energex pellet in a different bag. You will also see Appalachian hardwods at Tractor Supply. Same pellet different bag.

Attachments

• Nat Own label 1a.jpg
    Nat Own label 1a.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 449
  • Natures Own 1a.jpg
    Natures Own 1a.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 446
  • Appalachian.jpg
    Appalachian.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 457
I'm up to 30 bags tonight, since we installed the stove in mid December.

82 bags today. Burning LG's. 1200 sq ft house. Won't buy the LG's again though. Bought 4 tons so I'll have to get through them. Tried some Okies this week. Really want to get my hands on a bunch of them for next year. Way less ash than the LG's and hotter too.

Well let's see how everyone is doing.

Bag number 246 is in stove, coming up on that 5 ton mark, how's everyone's supply doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.