How many bags you have left...?.....What did you burn...?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought three tons last spring and began burning in October. Down to 10 bags.

I bought a total of 92 bags for the season. We used about 60 bags over the period Nov./08 - Mar./09, which averages out to 12 bags/month. We have 32 bags right now. I'll bet my 15KW electric furnace hasn't been on 12 times since I bought the Englander 25-PDVC. Probably will have 2 dozen or so for next year. Pellets were $4.99/bag on sale (Lignetics) and $5.99 (ComfyCozy), plus tax @13% (Canada eh!). At an average price of $6.20/bag, tax in, that would be about $434.00 for 70 bags for the season - not bad I figure.

I started out with 3tons plus 12 bags from the prior year. I now have just over a ton left of Sommerset Pellets. Best pellets I have used so far.

I quit burning pellets when the temps reach mid to upper 40's. I installed very efficent heat pumps that cost very little to use when temps start to warm. It's now reaching 60's and 70's, Days like that and the pellets would run me out of the house with heat.

WOODNUT358 said:
27 bags left of 3 tons. Started burning Jan. 6,09 :coolsmile:

Happy Harman XXV owner.

You burnt through 2.5 tons in two months?

I'm down to 30 lbs. in the hopper and that will last until Friday AM. I've been running my NG furnace during the middle of the day until 5 in the afternoon. I'll buy a another 10 bags or so to get me into April... I've been heating the house with the stove on #1... uses 1/2 bag per day for about 18 hours of run time.

I started with 2 tons of Eastern Embers on Jan 9th and still have about a ton.but it is still pretty cool here on PEI, I expect to go through another 30 bags or so before putting the stove to bed!!

Our first year with pellet heat.
Very Impressed!!
We have around 40 bags left out of 210.
Just had another 100 gal oil delivery. ($1.82/gal was $4.50 last July)
We have burned 300 gal since last July.
Our budget plan for last year was for 900 gal.
Watching the pellet prices so we can buy low.
Love the heat!!

still have around 25 bags of the Warm Front, first time that I bought 3 tons, started burning around end of Sept I think.

Can't wait to finish this Warm Front brand.......would never buy again.....:-(

Started with 330 bags and have 90 left.
It was a very mild winter this year.
It only got down to -40 on a couple of days.
Pellets trump propane.
Heating costs cut by over 50%.
Love my P68.

Have 2 tons and 2 bags left. Still having very cold nights here. I am thinking I'll run the furnace (oil less than $2.00 a gallon) and save my pellets for heating my lower level when I am in there. I have little doubt that oil will shoot back up later on so my existing stock of pellets is worth much more saved than used at the current pellet/oil purchase price.
I have no regrets about my pellet stove investment. My family room and study areas have never been so comfortable as they have been this past year.

We bought 3 tons and we are down to our last 6 bags. Its been pretty warm here during the day so the stove is now off, hopefully we will only need it at night.

8 bags left out of 3 tons of eagle valley and 1 ton assorted including lignetics,michigans,energex,penningtons,lg's,apc,spruce pointe.I found the lignetics to be the best followed by eagles,lg's,energex,spruce pointe,michigans,penningtons and apc are really bad and I would never get those two again.

Started the season with 187 bags.
Burned 90 bags from Nov to Feb. 17th.
At that point shut down the stove and began burning oil.

Just added a ton of Lignetics to the garage
so now have 3 tons most of which will be
saved for next season.

Hey Zeta,

Where did you find the Lignetics?

What did they cost you?

Thanks,

FG.

zeta said:
Started the season with 187 bags.
Burned 90 bags from Nov to Feb. 17th.
At that point shut down the stove and began burning oil.

Just added a ton of Lignetics to the garage
so now have 3 tons most of which will be
saved for next season.

Started with 3.5 ton in mid Oct. have 5 bags left. so far i have 2.5 ton for next year of Rocky Mountan, Energex, and Dry Creek. Just found a guy selling Engerex for 250/ton.

Started Feb 11th 2009 with 2.8 tons of Michigan ash clinkers. We waited for the XXV and have been very happy with the decision. The XXV will burn just about anything but these are certainly not worth the 279/ton and boarderline premium grade at best. I guess I shouldn't complain as pelletsales shipped them for free.....now I know.

I have roughtly 2 tons left and have slowly built up an additional 2 tons of Green Sepreme for next year. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to burning the last bag of Michigan. I guess at 4 tons, I might be a pellet pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.