how many cords?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If pulpwood, in WI, in good condition, I'd offer $40/cord with you picking it up. Check the local newspapers for ads on truckloads (7-10 cords) of delivered firewood, 8' lengths, but make sure it is the same kind of wood you are considering to buy. Those ads likely are for fresh cut, green wood. Wood seasoned for at least a year, if in good condition, should go for a little more. That will give you a good idea of your local market.

I get a 10 cord load of logs delivered next to my garage for 800. I dont include my time in the equation. Stuff around the house has to be done and I dont get paid to do it, thats what my job is for. I chip away at it as time permits. This years load of logs once cut, split and stacked will give me wood for 2009/10 and 10/11 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.