How many Harman burners on the forum Poll?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Are you a Harman User or Not?

• No I use Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do you dislike Harman?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

I am curious how many Harman Users there are on the forum!

Thanks Pete

30-NC is the Wood eater in the family. I have an eclectic range of "Firepower".

But the 30 is always purring away in the basement.

I really like the Harman stoves. Nice looking and long burn times. If I ever add a second stove, I'll look long and hard at the Harmans.

Aansorge I must admit now that the kinks are out of the system my stove is amazing it burns forever. A lot of people complain about them however I have found almost every complain to have an explanation. In our case the flu had way to much backdraft going on as well as not enouph intake air when we fixed those issues stove shined. It is amazing to say the least!

Pete

Pete1983 said:
...it burns forever...

That must be a really comforting thing to know. I wish one of my stoves would do that. %-P

O my dear fossil it is a Heaven send no it's a miracle ;-)

Pete

I really like the looks of the Harman stoves and also love the grill option but wish they were less finicky to operate and the innards were a little more stout.

They are not finicky at all after it is set up right! I can throw wood in and shut the damper and poof away it goes with no smoke. The inside is acctually very well built and protected the only way to damage it is if you intentionally jam the cumbuster full or poke it with a poker which takes alot of intetional work. The only downside I can see at his point is the estimated 3 year life of the cumbuster however if 300 is all every three years then that beats 2300 a heating season hands down.

Pete

I am on year three with my Harman Oakwood. It has long burn times, looks great and throws out a ton of heat. On the downside, it is a pain to learn and to get it going from a cold stove. Everything is a trade off. My combustion pack shows no sign of wear according to my sweep, so I am pleased with that. It took two seasons for them to track down my smoke smell issues to loose bolts that holds that back half of the stove on. Now that that has been resolved, I am much more pleased with the stove. I only recommend them for serious burners who will take the time to learn its tricks. I guess ultimately, I am neutral on whether I would buy another one.

I consider my Harman My Cadillac Escalade and my Englander 30s My Silverado heavy HD Pickup truck, Not as pretty or fancy but a handsome workhorse none the less. The Harman was 3x the price of the 30 but is a bigger and more versatile stove with food grilling and open door fire modes which the 30s dont have. Also the burn time of the harman is quite a bit longer than the 30 probably cuz you can really load it tight with a lot of wood. Once you get the hang of the afterburn operation on the harman it is a very clean burning stove with LESS than 1 gram of emissions an hour and high heat output,very impressive stats. The reburn on the 30 practically runs itself. I would purchase both stoves over again without hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.