How many houses has hearth.com saved..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Just a thought, how many houses has the info shared here saved?

I'll start... Before I found hearth.com, I burned two smoke dragons on slammer installs in my old house. No liner, nothing past the smoke shelf, just insert stove in fireplace, put the surround on and light up. Scary!

Now I have two EPA stoves with full liners, and I sleep much better.

Anyone else?

Reactions: Beer Belly

Tough to say. I'm quite sure we'll never know. What percentage of woodburning folks just here in Oregon do you suppose have ever even heard of Hearth.com? I'd have to guess that percentage is pretty low. Rick

It's help me learn to be safer when burning and cutting.....would I have burned down the house, or cut myself to shreds.....maybe

1 save is enough to make it worth all our time.

I feel very confident that I am burning wood safely thanks to the great advice here on hearth.com

The education provided about the importance of burning DRY wood alone would probably warrant many a save. Before I came here, I was sure my woodseller had indeed sold me "dry, seasoned wood". Now I know what a moisure meter is, and I use it.;)

I found this site and saw pics of through the wall installs that I had imagined in my head but wasn't sure if it was do-able, from then on I read and read and learned alot more and discovered it was possible for me to burn again....So happy! I also got the confidence to gently persuade my neighbor to start burning drier wood also so maybe saved 2 houses here.....;)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Quite the opposite for me. Hearth.com wrecked my marriage. Now I'm spending all my time on the net or C/S/S firewood.

Reactions: firebroad
One thing about the people who have read Hearth.com is that they were at least interested enough to bother searching the internet for info, which probably makes them a lot less likely than average to burn the house down.

I had to buy a new truck
buy a new trailer
buy a new saw
build another log splitter (actually two)
and buy all the safety gear

Hearthdotcom has been a pain in my butt.::-)

I had to buy a new truck
buy a new trailer
buy a new saw
build another log splitter (actually two)
and buy all the safety gear

Hearthdotcom has been a pain in my butt.::-)

If hearth.com has been a pain in the butt you have been using it wrong ;lol

Reactions: Jags
Status
Not open for further replies.