How Much Do You Burn In Your Blaze King King In A Season, And What Is Your Climate And House Size/In

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renovation

Hearth Supporter
Oct 26, 2010
SW MI near Saugatuck
Hi Folks!

I'm heeding the gentle-yet-persistent urgings of forum members to get wood in and seasoning sooner rather than later :) , and trying to estimate my needs. I'm away from my stove location, so will have to hire someone to put in the wood.

Could folks, especially King owners, share their consumption, climate and house size/insulation?

Thanks so much for all the great info and friendliness! :coolsmile:

George

8 cord, down from 12 with old stove. Upstate NY. 2200 sq ft + 1000 sq ft currently unheated lower walkout level. Open floorplan house under resuscitation, no siding or drywall, fiberglass stuffed between 2x6 studs, windows just in with 4 screws and fiberglass around them.

Another consideration is the ladies in the house like it warm. So, the main part of the house where the stove is located is kept at 75.

I am hoping 4 cords will do it. I have been burning 24/7 since late September and have gone through about 1/2 a cord so far.

I have 6 cords ready to burn, but just getting kinda started here. I am in the south. Mild climate. I burn 24/7 from about now till march ish.. I do heat from my un-finished basement tho so I use a bit more than I should... This weekend we have lows from 30-32 and highs from 50-60.. I will post back on what I burn.. I can tell you that I see why those Blaze King folks seem to post a lot,, they have a lot of time on their hands thats NOT spent loading a stove. ;)

Jason

Haven't had a full season yet but here in ct about 3.5 cord for season with old stove. Thinking I might be less that by a third or so. Also I use ti stretch out and not reload the stove on some days to preserve wood but now I have plenty for a few years. So Will keep updated to what I use.

Nice, thanks. You guys rock! Please do keep me informed.

Solar's situation seems pretty similar to mine. Not having a wife to heat ( ;-P ) I'm thinking I can keep the temps lower, and I might have my place a bit better sealed, so I'm thinking five cords now as insurance, with more to come.

It's looking like my independent/geeky/tweaky/scavengery personality might be a good match with wood burning. How about a t-shirt that says "Wood--at least it's not crack!" ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.