How Much Wood Did U All Burn This Season?

deborita3 Posted By deborita3, May 3, 2019 at 2:43 PM

1. Alpine1

Alpine1
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 27, 2017
    Loc:
    Eastern Alps, Italy
    We got 20 inches of snow last Sunday, I guess I’ll keep burning for a few days more... and they call this sunny Italy!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    deborita3 likes this.
  2. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    I lived near Vicenza during a heat wave in 2003. We could just see the alps on a clear day on the horizon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    deborita3 likes this.
  3. EODMSgt

EODMSgt
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2018
    Loc:
    White Mountain Region, NH
    So far about around 8 cords. That's burning close to 24/7 since last October. With 209 days with snow on the ground this has been a longer than normal burning season so yes, I burned more this season (usually average around 4-5 cords).

deborita3 likes this.
  4. Adabiviak

Adabiviak
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2008
    Loc:
    Sierra Nevadas, California
    That's a lot of wood ! :eek:
    I think I might have cleared one.

deborita3 likes this.
  5. heavy hammer

heavy hammer
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 18, 2015
    Loc:
    Kirtland Ohio
    Between 4 and 5 cords. Still having a fire here and there at night, been burning 24/7 since Oct.

6. VirginiaIron

VirginiaIron
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Central Virginia
    Less this year than previously. We burned a little more than two cords this year. This is a combination of weather and technique. We had a fire yesterday to take the chill out of the house during this transitional time.

7. livetosail

livetosail
    Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2017
    Loc:
    Indiana
    Three cords, southern Indiana. 2800sq ft home, using a Country Hearth 2500. We stopped early due to the fact that we are selling the home, so we have switched to using the heat pump. Normal season and heating in our setup averages to a Rick every 2 weeks, coming out to between 3-4 cords per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. woodstovelover

woodstovelover
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 27, 2018
    Loc:
    chimney
    I'm a weekender and evening burner, so about one cord.