How Much Wood Did U All Burn This Season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We got 20 inches of snow last Sunday, I guess I’ll keep burning for a few days more... and they call this sunny Italy!

Reactions: deborita3
We got 20 inches of snow last Sunday, I guess I’ll keep burning for a few days more... and they call this sunny Italy!
I lived near Vicenza during a heat wave in 2003. We could just see the alps on a clear day on the horizon.

So far about around 8 cords. That's burning close to 24/7 since last October. With 209 days with snow on the ground this has been a longer than normal burning season so yes, I burned more this season (usually average around 4-5 cords).

Between 4 and 5 cords. Still having a fire here and there at night, been burning 24/7 since Oct.

Less this year than previously. We burned a little more than two cords this year. This is a combination of weather and technique. We had a fire yesterday to take the chill out of the house during this transitional time.

Three cords, southern Indiana. 2800sq ft home, using a Country Hearth 2500. We stopped early due to the fact that we are selling the home, so we have switched to using the heat pump. Normal season and heating in our setup averages to a Rick every 2 weeks, coming out to between 3-4 cords per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk