How much wood is in a dump truck load?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

area_man

Burning Hunk
Feb 12, 2013
Oregon City, OR
I know a cord is a 4x4x8 tightly stacked load. I just have no idea how much wood is in a dump truck bed. If I assume it's all higglety/pigglety thrown in splits, what am I looking at? Is it roughly two cords? I'm just blindly guessing...

It depends what type of truck. Most guys around here use one ton dump body pickups with sideboards. A rounded off load is roughly 1 cord.

How deep is a hole? Dump trucks come in all shapes and sizes. Are you buying it by the dump truck load. This is not meant to be sarcastic but there is a reason why the standard measure is a cord. Even if you know the truck dimensions, what is a load? If you have pics of the pile then some folks on here are pretty good at guessing the cordage. But a dump truck load don't tell us much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smoke Stack
This was my last dump truck load...free.........
DSCN2750_zpse9488aa6-1.jpg

Reactions: BillLion
Nice Ash! Yep. Most of the small dump trucks hold a cord. The bigger construction type,
maybe two cord.

wish I could get a dump truck load like yours beer belly. hard to get it around here unless its already processed.

I have an International 4700 dump that I can pile two cord (+) in easily. Most 1 ton dump bodies with 1' side boards, neatly stacked with splits up to the top of the side boards, will be a cord. If loosely dumped in it should mound up over the side boards a good foot or two.

That's one big dump truck!
This load is a little smaller than the last one I got....but I'll take it !!......I live in Bethel, I asked if he would go to Redding, or Brookfield, and he declined

Status
Not open for further replies.