How not to stack pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ltlhawk

Burning Hunk
Nov 24, 2012
Pelham, NH
Pellets.jpg
I mentioned in another thread that I stink at stacking pellets. Well, here is the proof:

Please someone post a picture that out does me ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
PS: Thats my wifes car, she doesnt know this happened... shhhhh.

Reactions: whlago
Im not seeing any pictures?.

ok..try again

Not good.

I cant stop laughing

Reactions: briansol
wont be the first time..hehehe I better go clean that up before she goes out in the morning to go to work..

When I unloaded my ton of North Americans - from the driveway - thru the window - and restacked again in my dining room before finally going under the stairwell - they all fell over - I watched it happen. It truly was like watching a train wreck in slow motion. Interestingly - it looks eerily like the same pellets in your pic.

Reactions: ltlhawk
yeah..it wont be long... I will have new pictures.

Reactions: briansol
Best to stack the same way you removed them 3 then 2, 2 then 3 overlapping

That's hilarious...The leaning tower of pellets!!

P.S. I promise not to tell your wife, But how do you plan on explaining the pellet bag indentaions in the hood! I would just tell my wife that my buddy Moose was over and he sat on the hood (He said he was sorry)!

I cant stop laughing

I'm laughin with ya! My first atempt at stuffin more than I should have in the baseemt ended the same way. Luckily they only hit the floor. Several bags broke open, But I swept em all up and tossed em in the stove. So nothing lost.

I have since learned to alternate them. just like they are stacked from the mill. I can now stackem 14 rows high and no tip overs(yet anyway).

i kind of flatten each bag a bit as i stack.
just to take out the doming they get through their middles.
i just place my palm flat on the center and give it few kind of shakes to move the pellets out to the corners a bit.

ha! i had to go downstairs and count after reading jtake's post.
yep 14 high. that's to the ceiling of my basement.

Blame it on the Earthquake ;)

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Mee thinks JT, DD, and Bear have given up on OMV's stash and are making the rounds! Any missing bags there?
I'm puttin up my cameras this weekend, Watch out for my attack chickens boys!!!!

Make them all overlap, not side by side stacks.

Mee thinks JT, DD, and Bear have given up on OMV's stash and are making the rounds! Any missing bags there?
I'm puttin up my cameras this weekend, Watch out for my attack chickens boys!!!!

Yeah us fat pigs have issues with wobbly stacks. You try grabbin a bag with no fingers! :confused:

I'll remember the meal worms when we visit your place. Stops em in their traks, They just love em. Our spoiled brats get em all the time. <>

well, thanks everyone for your support (I think).. I will show the wife the picture tonight and let the pellets fall where they may...

PS: 2 bags broke so I have to do some sweeping tonight..

Status
Not open for further replies.