How often do you clean your chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why I had my stove's vent installed in a manner that allowed me to access the vent from the outside. When I first joined this forum there wasn't much being said about the frequency of cleaning the chimney. Then Kroozer came on with his leaf blower cleaning. What an eye opener that was.
I don't own an expensive stove. My stove works well, but works really good following a good cleaning. That is why the one ton schedule is so important. while this may sound odd, I enjoy cleaning my stove and the exhaust. Keeping my stove and vent clean has had a major impact on the furnace not comming on. My savings is now in the thousands. I have this forum to thank for the insight and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.