How the rich must live.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

English BoB

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2014
Brunswick NY
Having the advantage of being years ahead bring new opportunities. Do I need to cut more or wait until stacks get lower ?
Yesterday was wet, today was cold so I didnt bother to cut any wood - any other year it would a priority. Another reason to be ahead - no pressure.
But, as Ive cut wood every year for the past twenty I felt the need to enjoy at a relaxed pace the pursuit of wood.

Attachments

• APRIL 2016.JPG
    APRIL 2016.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCF0161.JPG
    DSCF0161.JPG
    362.4 KB · Views: 353
Nice feeling to not "need" to cut firewood, but have a choice. I would be cutting even if I was caught up to 3 year mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am a couple of years ahead, but I always feel like I need to be css whenever my time allows me too. Great score there Bob.....

Reactions: 7acres
The deer and squirrels are going to be mad at you for dropping that perfect hickory tree!

As others have stated when you start to get years ahead, and are able to process at your convenience it seems more like fun instead of just work. Plus you seem to look forward to doing it at least that is how it is for me. You can also start to pick and choose the wood you want.

Reactions: TheBigIron
yeah dude!!! the name of the game is to be AHEAD of the game!! I have a friend from church that was contemplating burning wood for primary heat and I told him . . . yo- burning wood is a lifestyle choice. . . a good amount of your free time is going to be spent cutting wood splittin wood stackin wood cleaning up bark and whatnot. . .. but yeah when you go balls to the wall and get ahead then you have free time to do other stuff like fishing and hunting !

Status
Not open for further replies.