How to avoid the expense of class A chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WoodyIsGoody

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2017
Pacific NW Washington
This guy thinks he's brilliant. I shouldn't have to warn people but just in case someone is as stupid as this guy, don't try this at home:

Well . . . ah . . . ummm . . . he . . . ah . . . at least . . . ummm . . . says at the . . . ah . . . very end that . . . ummm . . . that one . . . ah . . . should get the right . . . ah . . . UL . . . ummm . . . stuff if one is doing . . . ah . . . it permanently.

But yeah . . . ah . . . there are . . . ummm . . . much better . . . ah . . . ways of doing things . . . ah . . . such as . . . . ummm . . . figuring out where . . .. ah . . . you want to . . . ummm . . . put the . . . ah . . . stove from the get-go . . . ah . . . and then . . . ummm . . . putting it there.

Well . . . ah . . . ummm . . . he . . . ah . . . at least . . . ummm . . . says at the . . . ah . . . very end that . . . ummm . . . that one . . . ah . . . should get the right . . . ah . . . UL . . . ummm . . . stuff if one is doing . . . ah . . . it permanently.

But yeah . . . ah . . . there are . . . ummm . . . much better . . . ah . . . ways of doing things . . . ah . . . such as . . . . ummm . . . figuring out where . . .. ah . . . you want to . . . ummm . . . put the . . . ah . . . stove from the get-go . . . ah . . . and then . . . ummm . . . putting it there.

I stopped this video about half way through, so i can start to prep my system for this upgrade. Genius.

Reactions: WoodyIsGoody
This jerry-built chimney was replaced with class A pipe in 2015. Fortunately he didn't burn the house down. Common sense and the insurance company caught up with him, also he was sobered up by the negative feedback for this video.

OMG. The guy said he was doing this on a new house. He can afford to build a house but can't put a proper chimney in. Wow. My guess is he burned the last one down!

I was supposed to see this video before I spent all that money on my chimneys:(.