How To Beautify An Ugly Surround

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott - those pics of the scaffolding and layed out stones is all too familiar. I have done my share of cultured stone work and, if done well, I think it looks great!! BTW - your was done well.

Reactions: ScotO
I just put some pics on my last post, I'm sure you could do that with yours. You could do tile or even a marble vent. Yours looks very nice, BTW!

Thanks, the Dixette does good work, aside from not covering everything in the room when the brick got a quick sanding before the tiles went on :mad:

We also learned the lesson of "tile after install" the hard way :p

Reactions: ScotO
Scott - those pics of the scaffolding and layed out stones is all too familiar. I have done my share of cultured stone work and, if done well, I think it looks great!! BTW - your was done well.
Thanks Bob.....I love stone masonry. I plan on doing lots more this summer.....entire back foundation wall of our house, and around our sliding glass door on the deck. Then there's the pizza oven I want to make......ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.