How Your Harman Works -what your manual doesn't tell you..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a Harman P68 in June 2014. During the shoulder seasons, I want to run it on minimal heat output and
pellet consumption. I have been running it on Constant Burn setting #1. I was wondering if there is some setting even of lower heat output than Constant Burn #1 and still to keep the flame so as not to put wear on the igniter going through numerous fire-up cycles. I tried Room Temperature setting 50* with the igniter switch set set to manual, to keep a maintenance fire. From what I can tell; the flame size, heat output, and pellet consumption seems about the same as Constant Burn setting #1. What settings would produce the minimal heat output and pellet consumption?
The P68 is a chow hound. I use my XXV during fall and spring. I have never found a way to burn less than a bag a day with the P68. But then again its a 68000btu monster meant to heat not warm your area.

I have a p68 harman and I purchased a new auger motor now the manual does not show which screws to undue for the replacement I looked on the internet but could not find anything now I stumbled across your sight and signed up hoping I could find additional information. Just hate to call the repairman every time stove dosent start. I welcome all help my part harman auguer motor p68 part 9062520 a1106t harmon auguer motor.

You would be better off starting a new post than on this old thread. More people would see it. I have never had to replace mine yet.

I moved it to a new post. Gonna close off this one from 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.