huffpost gay wedding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the whole world could be like that. I know I'll never, ever see it. But to get even a glimpse now and then of how people can be when they simply accept, respect, and love one another is sweet. Thanks.

Reactions: stayfitz
I know I'll never, ever see it.
It's here. I'm seeing it. From half a dozen years ago when a class full of 8th graders rabidly told me that a gay person deserved to get beaten up --
to today when one 16 year old tough guy respectfully let me know that his classmate has "two moms," clearing up some confusion on my part. When I said "awesome" he said "I know, right!"

"ive decided on love, hate being to heavy a burden to bear"

Martin Luther King Jr.

we could certainly use that man's guidance in these times, though they are getting better in a lot of ways for those who have been hated for too long

Going to MY nephew's wedding in a couple of weeks, & he's gay. He came out of the closet after his grandfather passed away because he didn't know if the ole WWII Vet could handle the truth about his grandson. He's always been a good kid & as an adult he's a model citizen.
Both he & his partner are well-established & well-respected professionals & successful in their chosen fields. I wish them nothing but the best in the future.

Too bad Doug. I am sure it was a blast. I am glad to see good people staying happy with the ones they want to be with. Seems like they are both roles models for most of the cranky/hateful people in society!

DAKSY: I am sure you will have a great time at the wedding.

I don't understand people's views about homophobia. A person is a person, who cares what sexe he/she loves?! As long as their partner treats them with respect, it is none of anyone else's business.

Status
Not open for further replies.